Wednesday, August 31, 2011

8 Weeks- and feeling a little green...

I am now 8 weeks, and we have begun the exciting process of telling family :) Our family is pretty spread out, so It's taking us a bit of time. We hope to hit the last of them this weekend :) 

In the meantime, I am SO excited to give an update from last week.  Justin and I went for my first ultrasound, and it was amazing! We were able to see the little beans heart flickering away with a good healthy heartrate of 143.  We are measuring right on track for our Easter Sunday delivery.  Our ultrasound tech was having a difficult time getting clear shots of the baby, as it was lying against the placental wall (apparently its ALREADY being difficult; go figure), so our photo isnt the most beautiful photographically, however it's the most beautiful thing we've ever laid our eyes on!




How far along? 8 weeks
Symptoms: Exhausted still, and having more waves of nausea smack me in the face.  I'm also learning that if I want to get ANYTHING done at home after work, I need to do it right away. If I come home and sit on the sofa like I want to do, I will never, and I mean never get back up.   
Baby: The babe is now 5/8 of an inch long, and has webbed fingers and toes (how cute!).  In the brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming all the neuro pathways. 



No comments: