Thursday, August 4, 2011

4 weeks, and a poppy seed

I am now 4 days into the know. Four days ago, my life changed forever just from one simple test.  Thus, I begin my weekly bump updates :-)  


Baby:
Right now thebaby is an embryo the size of a poppy seed, consisting of two layers: the epiblast and the hypoblast, from which all of her organs and body parts will develop. 

The primitive placenta is also made up of two layers at this point. Its cells are tunneling into the lining of your uterus, creating spaces for your blood to flow so that the developed placenta will be able to provide nutrients and oxygen to mygrowing baby when it starts to function at the end of this week.

Also present now are the amniotic sac, which will house the baby; the amniotic fluid, which will cushion her as she grows; and the yolk sac, which produces the baby's red blood cells and helps deliver nutrients to her until the placenta has developed and is ready to take over this duty.

Symtoms:
My breasts are still very sore, and I am exhausted! Every day I feel like I had zero sleep.  I also have been having some VERY vivid dreams the past week. Vivid is probably an understatement.. I actually had a dream I chased, and then beat up Casey Anthony because she stole my dog at an event I hosted at a local hotel. See?!? I wasn't exxagerating!! :)   I have also noticed that smaller meals are my friend. Anything large makes me feel overly stuffed, and gives me heart burn.

Tests:
My Quantitiative Beta hCG, performed on 8/3/2011 was 316.7 mIU/mL. My Beta on 8/5 was 600.8. We've doubled!!  Horray!

No comments: