Thursday, June 2, 2011

Perhaps an ark would have been more appropriate...

When my husband and I moved into our home, we both agreed immediately that the backyard was in need of some sumo sized loving..
We only had the thought to take before photos as the work began.. And while they arent the best, they are what we have! So here is our little yard.. Its compeltely fenced in (which will be PERFECT whenever we get a dog). 



Our daughter even got her hands a little dirty.
Note: No children were harmed in the making of this deck. She was paid well- two icepops and a bowl of icecream. 
Say hello to my little beaver.. Yes.. that is ACTUALLY what the post hole digger is called. My husband and I are 12 year olds and giggled endlessly at this.


 And then.. It rained. And it rained. And THEN, we had torrential downpours. Mud wrestling anyone?  After a week of rain on and off, and then a few days of drying, the work continued. We poured concrete for the posts, and built the frame.


And the IT RAINED! this deck that was intended to be finished in one week turned into a THREE week project. Ugh...
Either way.. there was a rainbow at the end of all of that rain. My new beautiful 12x12 deck platform.  See that large pile of dirt just beyond the deck? Yeah- Its still there. Thats the last real step in the deck saga.  We have to level out all that top soil, and plant grass seed.  More pictures to come.. but man! I feel like I birthed a baby!


 And this beautiful piece of artwork was so generously donated to us by our daughter.  I love that it "looks" like he is grabbing my ass in this drawing. So true to life....



No comments: